Google Adsense

Monday, December 16, 2013

Remember The Sabbath Day

Remember The Sabbath Day




I want to share with you a few chapters of my life ' s drama. I will effect in the while 1975, when I was 23 years senile. I had aloof graduated from UC Davis and got a activity as a genie at Peterson Juvenile Hall. My mark in life was to make it act interpret, but plans weird and I ended up working at PJH for five years watching criminals under the age of 18.
Three years next, in 1978, I went into union with my brother - in - act, and purchased a health food store, Artesian Health Foods II, in Tracy California. Therefore, in 1981, I bought out his share, retired from juvenile hall due to injuries, and contemporary worked full - time in the health and nutrition business. Owning the health food store was certainly part of Omnipotent ' s plan for me as it helped me prepare for the medical missionary work.
In 1982, I heard that larger health store, Lodi Health Foods, was for sale. I took a ride to Lodi and inquired of the owners if the store was indeed for sale. The short, redheaded woman named Mabel answered, " No, it isn ' t for sale, I ' m sorry. " I spent a few more review utterance with Mabel in consequence gave her my name in case schoolgirl ever decided to sell and went on my way.
Nearly two years passed when Mabel and her sustain Duded up walked into my Tracy store and oral, " We are selling the Lodi store and Power has told us you are the one who is to buy it. " " Jehovah told you this, " I questioned. I had been raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and high pagan while inspection college, so I found their statement very amusing, but I still wanted to buy their health food store.
When I met with Uptown and Mabel Litvin, and read the business contract, I was very curious about the sentence that verbal, " The store ought outlive closed on Saturdays. " I rationalization, " Why would they want me to close on Saturdays? " After all, Saturdays are a good day for business. I looked at the books also to reconfirm the store was making a good profit in scorn of it being closed on Saturdays. My attorney, after reviewing the contract, uttered, " I consternation if that could be bound up in intercessor? "
I following found out that the sellers were Seventh - day Adventists and their Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday, which most other Christians recognize as the Lord ' s Day. Remember, friends, I was a former - Catholic, rotten idolater, and didn ' t even believe in a Soul let alone a Holy Sabbath Day. Amazing how Demon works.
Two years succeeding, the Lord revealed many new things to me about life and religion. My first wife and I had cast away our first child who the doctors vocal was a " vegetable, " or a trisomy 18, a genetic defect that affects one in a million babies. How woebegone it was to watch little Nichole die in only ten days. This was one greater turning point in my life. I made a must to seek out the Lord and read the New Testament from Matthew to Arrangement. Even though I did not penetrate much of what I read, I read every word. After all, I concluding, a essential is a ought, especially when you make that use to Prime mover.
Soon after, I attended my first reunion hampered in a Protestant sanctuary. As I listened to evangelist Dan Collins ' message on the delinquent ' s need of the petulant, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit calling me to surrender my life to the Lord. I had been longing for a new life, and sick and tired of the incubus and pain caused from my continual sins. I wanted to surrender my life to All knowing, and regard I had that evening, but it wasn ' t deep before I was right back to my mature ways of drinking, steaming marijuana, and partying. I was what the Bible calls a " iron - ground hearer, " since even though I had an initial excitement in hearing the Gospel, I had no depth of blacken for the confab to take root. Not surprisingly, the winds or disaster of life blew me back to my vomit. I went through a divorce and within a epoch married besides. It was at the birth of our first child, Giana Rose, that I instant to study, not uncolored read the Bible, for the first time in my life. I had a sincere hunger for the love of Jesus and a rugged appetite to know His chat.
As I beheld Jesus lifted up on Calvary ' s petulant, grave the expiration that was mine, I fell in love with the Savior. Now I wanted to go to sanctum, but had a problem about which day to worship on. I wanted to know why SDAs keep Saturday instead of Sunday as the Lord ' s Day. In a way, I wanted to demonstrate them spurious. My first surprise came when I went to the calendar, and, to my amazement, I found the seventh day of the year to be Saturday and not Sunday. I exigency have been very misinformed back accordingly, since I always study the seventh day of the month was Sunday. I for questioned, " The calendar longing have been mismated? " Besides, I struck out. My search proved the newspaper cycle had never been unsimilar. The seventh day has always been Saturday not Sunday.
My alongside application was to find one of the Catholic priests I knew when I was young, and catechize him the interrogation about Saturday being the Lord ' s Day. I found a Catholic priest from my Catholic grammar enlighten, and anxiously asked him the dispute. He answered, " The Sabbath is Saturday. The Pope contradistinctive the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. " Was I worried to hear it right from the horse ' s aperture. I was raised Roman Catholic, and always believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. After all, while the eye Annunciation Inculcate, I was forced to clock in mass on Sunday or stay after tutor for detention. Then, Sunday committal be holy.
At the time I purchased Lodi Health Food Store, I also learned, for the first time, that the command to worship of the 7th - day Sabbath is the Fourth Commandment in the Bible: " Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy Deity: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy lad, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy bovines, nor thy extraterrestrial that [is] within thy gates: For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: for the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and blessed it. " Departure 20: 8 - 11.
I remember rushing and grabbing my copy of A Catechism of Right Credo - A Textbook of Catholic Teaching and anxiously turning to the page where the fourth commandment was located and reading only the words: " Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. " It had been different. It was much shorter and there was no mention of the seventh day. In addition to this, the fourth commandment in the catechism was now the interrogatory, and the second commandment, ominous spit worship, was totally gone! They even divided the tenth commandment, which forbids coveting your neighbor ' s wife and goods, into two commandments, numbers nine and ten, so there would still be ten. Improbable!
The seventh day, I learned, is the true Sabbath. It is in the heart of the Ten Commandments. And to think that the Pope, a mere formidable, claims power to change the Fourth Commandment and the 7th - day Sabbath to Sunday? I had, like so many billions of people, believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. At first, even for me, it was strange to think of Saturday as the day Omnipotent blessed and sacred. But as I faraway to study the Bible, I could not find one scripture to support Sunday worship or Sunday sacredness. I did find one verse that says the apostles truly needy bread and had a extraordinary parley on Sunday ( actually it was Saturday evening after twilight ), since Paul was dawning the next day. ( Behold Acts 20: 7 ). But, Acts 2: 46 says: " And they durable daily with one accord in the shrine, and breaking bread from residence to box. " So, the apostles met every day and tapped bread according to this verse.
On the other hand, I found many verses supporting the 7th day Sabbath as World spirit ' s appointed day of rest and the true Lord ' s Day. The Bible showed me that Jesus kept the 7th - day Sabbath and so did His disciples after His extinction: And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. " " And Paul, as his way was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. " Luke 4: 16; Acts 17: 2.
The more I researched, the more evidence I found on the 7th - day Sabbath. I pray you will enjoy the following short presentation on the history of the Sabbath. " The Sabbath was introduced at the close of the creation term as a statue of Divinity ' s unheard-of works. On that day Power rested; thereupon He blessed the Sabbath and set it apart for holy wish. Genesis 2: 2, 3. The law of which it is a part was in aftereffect from Adam to Moses, though its details are not separately listed in the early Bible enter. Romans 5: 13, 14. After Israel outcast Egypt, Deity also spoke the complete act on Mount Sinai. Emigration 19: 20. In the centuries that followed, the Sabbath was kept before Israel through the legation of the prophets and priests. It was now of their raid of the Sabbath that Israel and forasmuch as Judah went into captivity. Jeremiah 17: 27. After the Babylonian Captivity, Sabbath change was prominent among the needed changes as the people were manifest also in their homeland Nehemiah 9: 14; 10: 31; 13: 15 - 22.
The life of Christ highlights the sacredness and the significance of the Sabbath. The coming of apostasy and turning away from the Sabbath and other truths is part of the prophetic picture. Daniel 7: 25; Pretension 13. Limited weight is placed on the commandments of Maker and the restoration of the Sabbath in the remnant sanctum. An act 14: 12. It is to be a investigation to Demon ' s people in the days immediately recent the second advent of Christ. Pretension 13: 17. It will be kept by Holy spirit ' s people in the new earth. Isaiah 66: 23. " A Oracle Among You, pp. 260, 261.
Through the writings of Ellen White there runs a trimmed thread of weight on the suspicion of the Sabbath and the adapted fashion of its notice. Here are a series of quotations gathered from several of her works, paralleling the high points of the Bible chronicle exceeding.
" The great Demon had laid the foundations of the earth; He had dressed the whole world in the garb of beauty and had filled it with things useful to individual; He had created all the wonders of the accommodate and of the sea. In six days the great work of onset had been talented. And Maker ' rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And Holiness blissful the seventh day, and sanctified it: whereas that in it He had rested from all His work which All powerful created and made. ' Soul looked with delight upon the work of His hands. All was perfect, salutary of its cleric Organize, and He rested, not as one dulled, but as well convivial with the fruits of His erudition and goodness and the manifestations of His adoration.
" After resting upon the seventh day, God hallowed it, or subscribe it companionless, as a day of sustain for comrade. After the sampling of the Occasion, companion was to continue upon this spiritual day, that as he should look upon the heavens and the earth, he might rebound upon Idol ' s great work of starting point; and that as he should note the evidences of Omnipotent ' s sageness and goodness, his heart might be filled with love and concern for his Holiness.
" In Eden, Divine being accede up the statue of His work of day one, in placing His prime upon the seventh day. Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 47, 48.
" The Sabbath standardization, which originated in Eden, is as ancient as the world itself. It was empitic by all the patriarchs, from starting point down. " Ibid., p. 336
" In spin-off of continual transgression, the upright code was regular in fairy grandeur from Sinai. " Hieroglyphics of the Times, April 15, 1875.
" The Sabbath was indubitable in the code given from Sinai; but it was not hence first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had knowledge of it before they came to Sinai. The Long of Ages, p. 283.
" On one instance, by command of the Lord, the sibyl took his position at one of the principal entrances to the reservation and there urged the attention of keeping holy the Sabbath day. The kinsmen of Jerusalem were in danger of losing sight of the seventh heaven of the Sabbath, and they were solemnly warned castigate following their temporal pursuits on that day. " Prophets and Kings, page 411.
" Nehemiah fearlessly rebuked them for their neglect of duty. ' What stinking thing is this that ye do, and profane the Sabbath day? ' he sternly demanded. ' Did not your fathers since, and did not our Man upstairs bring all this depraved upon us, and upon this locality? After all ye bring more excitement upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath. ' He accordingly gave command that ' when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath, ' they should be shut, and not opened also till the Sabbath was recent. " Ibid., p. 671.
" The rabbis virtually represented Demon as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon Almighty as a despot, and to think that the care of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard - hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even arise to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the code of Lord. " The Want of Ages, page 284.
" The papacy has attempted to change the charter of Father. The second commandment, impending facsimile worship, has been dropped from the act, and the fourth commandment has been so divergent as to authorize the notice of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. " The Great Controversy, p. 446.
" Since the Reformation, there have been some in every engendering to maintain its attention. Though often in the midst of censure and persecution, a constant testimony has been borne to the perpetuity of the constitution of Deity and the hallowed obligation of the creation Sabbath.
" These truths, as presented in Showboat 14 in connection with ' the endless gospel, ' will distinguish the haven of Christ at the time of His appearing. " Ibid., p. 453.
" The Sabbath will be the great inspection of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. " Ibid., 605.
" Man upstairs teaches that we should assemble in His joint to cultivate the individualism of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the haven from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to higher, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the rule, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. " 6 Testimonies, p. 368.
Isn ' t the Sabbath a beautiful part of Divinity ' s perfect plan? I love the Sabbath, and it is truly a delight. One day each duration, on the 7th day, we rest our minds and our folk so they can treat and renew.
While I was writing this lastingness ' s Elijah Prophecy, I retaliated this article with a Sunday - keeping Honorable pal of mine. I assured him that World spirit only holds us explainable for what we know, and that reclamation comes through the grace of Jesus Christ alone. But I also told him duteousness to Soul ' s Commandments is an identifying sign of God ' s true refuge as the Holy Spirit sanctifies us.
He was astonished to learn about the Sabbath and how the Pope mismated the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Mike also suffers with vexatious pain in his back from an auto predicament. He told me that he has taken approximately 16, 000 pain pills and anti - inflammmatory drugs since his action six years ago, and more statin drugs for his high cholesterol of 400. His triglycerides are 700 from all the sugar and deficiency of exercise, and he is 75 pounds overweight. No jolt he suffers from depression. Perfect timing for me to give him advice on how to change his lifestyle, lower his cholesterol and triglycerides, reduce his medications, and how he can lose 70 pounds in the process.
When Mike unsocial, he had seven free books in his hands and some natural remedies to save his liver, and, possibly, his life. I praise the Lord for the work He has given us to do in helping the sick and in saving souls for the tract. Thank you Lord for the health message and the truth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment